One day bike tours in Tuscany
Tuscany bike tours offers one day bike tours just south of Florence in the heart of the Chianti wine region.
Our single day bike tour in Tuscany has everything from wine and oil tasting, to visiting a charming 12th century medieval castle which is home to a Count and Countess.
Our Tuscany bike tour takes us on a breathtaking cycle through the hills of Chianti passing vineyards, villas and olive groves. Taking in the sights, smells and sounds before sitting down to a full lunch at a quaint family owned restaurant which nestles amongst the Florentine hills.
Schedule: 10am to 5pm daily March - November
Price: Students €75.00 | Non-Students €80.00. Prices valid until further notice.
Our tour departs daily at 10am from our office. All our participants are supplied and fitted with bikes and safety helmets. You will receive a Free Tuscany bike tours water bottle and our guide will tend to your every need. Before taking to the bike there will be a bicycle orientation and tour safety talk. After each tour participants will receive a map of the "hot spots" in town. Our recommendations for bars & restaurants where the locals hang out.
Mixed terrain, well surfaced roads with light traffic. One steep uphill 950 meter climb. (optional) Van support daily.
7 hours approximately
23 kilometers, 13 miles. approx.
Our one day bicycle tour departs Florence daily at 10.00am. Our office is located on Via Ghibellina 34red 50122, 3 minutes walking distance from Santa Croce. We are located opposite a sushi ristorante. Look out for the ACTIVE TOURS ITALY sign . Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes prior to departure. click here for a map.
Directions from Piazza del Duomo (The dome church) Head east on Piazza del Duomo toward Via del Campanile, Turn right at Via del Proconsolo, Turn left at Via Ghibellina Our office will be on your left.
- Depart Florence at 10am.
- Arrive at hilltop Tuscan village for start of the tour.
- Tour the wine cellar of 12th century castle, taste their vino and olio produced on the family estate. (One glass of wine with olive oil on salted bread)
- Visit the "Frantoio" (olive oil production facility) within the castle.
- Climb the tower of the castle for a spectacular panoramic "vista".
- Option to purchase exclusive products (wines and oils).
- Free tuscany bike tours water bottle, safety helmet supplied.
- Bike orientation and safety briefing.
- Bike tour begins along tree lined avenues and winding country roads dotted with olive groves, villas and vineyards.
- Eat at an family run "ristorante": mixed salad, bread, primo piatto, dessert, coffee and wine. (included in price).
- Bike tour continues after lunch.
- Stop at cafè for pause.
- Arrive back at starting point at castle.
- Free map of places to eat & drink in Florence.
- Return to Florence for 5pm drop off.
We welcome non cyclists on our tour. Contact us for more details. Email us
Full day bike tour costs:
Adults €80.00 per person | Students €75.00 per person
(All sales tax included). Prices valid until further notice. The Student rate is only available to full-time students under 26years of age. Valid student id required.
Saturday, 25th October 2014
In order to ride with us you must be able to tick ALL the following.
- I can ride a bike confidently.
- I am physically fit and healthy.
- I am competent on main roads.
A cancellation received more than 72 hours (3 days) prior to a clients scheduled tour date will not incur any fee.
A cancellation received within 72 hours of a clients scheduled tour date or a no-show will incur full cost of the tour booked.
+39 339 116 3495
+39 055 386 0253
Active Tours Italy
Via Ghibellina, 34-red,
50122 Firenze, Italy